Nylon PlasticStrong and flexible plastic
Sandy, granular surface finishing
General purpose and suitable for a wide range of applications
Strength ●●●●○ | Detail ●●●●○ | Smoothness ●●●●○ | Flexibility ●●●●●
White Nylon plastic PA12 Polyamide 12; Strong and Flexible Plastic; 3D Printing Architectural & Industrial Design; EOS Select Laser Sintering SLS technology
- Material is composed of very fine granular nylon plastic (polyamide 12) powder
- The final product is strong and slightly flexible that can take small impacts and withstand some pressure when bent
- Surface has a slightly sandy, granular look due to the powder based technology
- This material allows for maximum design freedom as it does not require additional support material
Very versatile general purpose material, and can be used for a wide variety of applications. When thin, it's flexible enough for hinges and springs. When thick, it's strong enough for structural components.
EOS Select Laser Sintering 3D printing technology. The laser sintering device starts by applying a 0.1mm layer of nylon plastic (PA12) powder material to the building platform. A powerful laser beam then fuses the powder at exactly the points defined by the CAD data. The platform is then lowered and another layer of powder is applied and fused so as to bond with the layer below at predefined points.
Summary of SLS 3D Printing and Post-Processing Steps :-
1) SLS 3D printing
The SLS 3D printing process uses a highly specific laser beam that melts together thin layers of nylon powder one layer at a time. After each layer of laser sintering, the 3D print platform is lowered and another layer of nylon powder is swept across the bed. This process is repeated thousands of layers until the object is completed.
2) Post 3D Printing Process - Removing Parts from Powder Block
After the SLS 3D printing, the block of laser sintered nylon powder is removed from the SLS 3D printer and the 3D printed objects are carefully removed by hand from the excess nylon powder that acts as self-support during the 3D printing process. A portion of the excess nylon powder that was not laser sintered during the 3D printing process is recycled back into the 3D printer for future use.
3) Post 3D Printing Process - Brushing and Sandblasting 3D Printed Parts
The 3D printed parts are carefully brushed by hand, which removes a large portion of the excess nylon powder. The 3D printed parts are then sandblasted, removing the remaining fine powder after which the final 3D printed parts take shape.
4) Post 3D Printing Process - Additional Polishing and Colouring
From there the 3D printed parts can be further polished and/or coloured depending on the surface finishing and colour required. Many colours and Pantone matching are available, so please contact us for further advice.
- Standard print size: 240 x 190 x 300 mm (larger size available upon request)
- Min. wall / column thickness: 0.6mm (subject to case-by-case review for structural sufficiency)
- The printed object is rigid when more than 2 mm thick
- Min. embossed / engraved details: 0.5 mm
- Min. thickness for readable text: 0.5 mm
- Min. clearance for interlocking parts: 0.5 mm
- Accuracy tolerance: Greater of ± 0.1 mm or ± 0.15% (Note: accuracy is geometry dependent)
- Tensile Strength: 48 MPa
- Tensile Modulus: 1,700 Mpa
- Tensile Elongation: 24%
- Flexural Strength: 58 Mpa
- Flexural Modulus: 1,500 Mpa
- Izod Impact - Notched: 4.4 kJ/m2
- Heat Deflection Temp @ 0.45MPa: 86 oC
More Details refer Material Data Sheet
Standard material colour is white. Coloured Nylon is also available !
Upload 3D Files & Contact Us Now !!
Price from HK$50/piece or
Even lower for low volume production !